Friday, August 14, 2009

Book Review - 2 books by Skye Weintraub N.D.

Allergies and Holistic Healing by Skye Weintraub N.D.
I really like this book. I had so many allergies that this book was a great resource book for me. Each time I read it I learn more. It always answers so many questions. It sometimes leads me to ponder for more answers. One of the questions was "Why do I have so many food allergies?" Finally, after enough pondering about this unanswered questions, I decided to seek my answer from the source.

The book explains types of allergies, testing, good digestion, common allergy causing foods, environment allergies, and additional treatment for allergies and sensitivities. It talks about behavior problems, hyperactivity, ADD, and brain allergies. Also has a section about Gluten



Natural Treatments for ADD and Hyperactivity by Dr. Skye Weintraub, N.D.
One of my daughters has behavior problems that I was able to connect to food reactions when she was younger. I researched this topic well, because she could have easily been diagnosed with ADHD or autism. I did everything I could to eliminate anything that caused a reaction. We changed her diet several times and now 7 years later, she goes gluten free and most of her ADD symptom are gone.

This book is loaded with so much information. I learned a lot. This book explains what ADD is, how self esteem is important, diet, elimination and challenge diet, food allergies, biochemical factors, hypoglycemia, sugar, yeast, environmental factors, heavy metal contamination, pesticide poisoning. thyroid, malabsorbtion deficiencies and natural remedies.



About Dr. Skye Weintraub, ND

She is a local author and Practicing Naturpath in the Eugene, Oregon area. Her books and consultation have been a blessing for my families healing with Celiac and food allergies.

"Who is Dr. Skye Weintraub ND - Dr. Skye Weintraub is a 1988 graduate of National College of Naturopathic Medicine in Portland, Oregon, where she received a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine (ND). She is licensed in the state of Oregon as a naturopathic physician. Dr. Weintraub, has been in medical practice since 1989 and has researched and written books since 1996. She possesses a strong background in holistic health therapies where she specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of food, inhalant, and chemical allergies, as well as parasite infestations, intestinal overgrowth of yeast and bacteria, digestive problems such as irritable bowel syndrome, Crohns, and ulcerative colitis, and other chronic health concerns. She is trained in the use of homeopathy, nutrition, botanical medicine, and the use of the proper supplements to treat illness. Dr. Weintraub also counsels people how to achieve ultimate nutrition with a healthy diet and lifestyle. "

"Dr. Weintraub is the author of numerous books published by Woodland Publishing, including: Natural Healing with Cell Salts, Allergies and Holistic Healing, Natural Treatments for ADD and Hyperactivity, and The Parasite Menace. Her latest book, The Bacteria Menace, outlines how bacteria could be at the root of many of today's most common health conditions, as well as how to effectively build immunity and protect one's self from these dangerous agents, without necessarily the help of antibiotics. She is the author of two booklets: Selenium-The Health Connection and Natural Defenses for Bioterrorism. She has also contributed to other books such as the Encyclopedia of Natural Healing by Alive Books and Alternative Cures by Rodale Press.She lectures throughout the US on current health issues and has written many articles appearing on various websites and in health journals. Dr. Weintraub is a frequent guest on radio talk shows exploring natural health topics mentioned in her books and has given talks nationwide on these subjects. She has been consulted by complementary health companies for the development of products because of her expertise in allergies, ADD, and the overgrowth of disease-causing organisms in the digestive system."

Dr. Weintraub has a new website at http://www.drskyeweintraub.com/index.php. Lots of information about Naturpathic medicine, cell salts, testing and phone consultation



On A Personal Note

After Dr. Weintraub diagnosed me with Celiac, she ordered a hair analysis test and I have been very pleased with the supplement recommendations that help with rebuilding the mineral balances. Not surprisingly, the test revealed depleted minerals. The company she uses sends a personalized report in a book format about what the mineral levels reveal. This test documented how I felt health wise, and why I felt that way.

I am also very happy that I had a food allergy test done. I had tried elimination diets, but sometimes I was confused about the results of the challenges. I also had both girls tested for food allergies. Some of the food allergies I would have never guessed was a problem. The only regret that I have is that I didn't get tested 5 years sooner. I can only blame my stubbornness.

No comments:

Post a Comment